The Company’s operations are located near Mount Garnet, a small mining town located on the southern end of the Atherton Tablelands, 140km south west of Cairns, in north Queensland.
The company has transitioned from a tin exploration and development company to a base metal miner and producer, with the company currently producing over 150mt a day of zinc, lead and copper concentrates with silver and gold co-product.
The Company is working towards the completion of a Definitive Feasibility Study on the Gillian tin project which is within nine kilometres of the Company owned operating base metals mill. The Gillian Tin Deposit has 2.5Mt at 0.78%Sn JORC Resource. The overall Mount Garnet tin project has over 12 Mt of JORC Resources.
The Company is currently mining approximately 35,000 tonnes a month of polymetallic ore from the Mount Garnet underground mine, with the Surveyor Mine currently on care and maintenance.
MOUNT GARNET PROCESSING PLANT
The Mount Garnet Processing Plant has capacity to process up to one million tonnes a year of ore. The mill is ideally located close to Company owned mining assets in the Mt Garnet region. Click here.
MOUNT GARNET TIN PROJECT
The Mount Garnet Tin Project is focused on three outcropping tin bearing skarn deposits of Gillian, Pinnacles and Windermere. Click here.
GILLIAN TIN DEPOSIT
The Company is currently working towards finalising the DFS on the Gillian tin deposit which has a current JORC Resource of 2.5Mt @ 0.78% Sn. Click here.
ALLUVIAL TIN PROJECT
The Company holds significant historic alluvial tin deposits particularly in the Lynd/Tate area. Developing these alluvial deposits has not been a company priority to date. Click here.
The Company now holds over 4000 square kilometres of tenements in the broader Mt Garnet/Greenvale/Einasleigh region. Click here.
TIN (Compliant with 2014 JORC Code)
BASE METALS (Compliant with 2004 JORC Code)
Since January 2013 the Company has managed the base metal operations
Since March 2014 the base metal operation has:
- Mined more than 895,000 tonnes of copper and polymetallic ore
- Processed more than 118,000 dmt of zinc, lead and copper concentrates with a silver and gold co-product
The Surveyor Mine is located 150km south of Mount Garnet.
- Is currently on care and maintenance
- Is expected to recommence operations in mid-2016
- Has two historic mining areas – the Surveyor and Balcooma pits
- Is located in a highly mineralised area with potential for future development within five exploration permits
Surveyor Mine with mine camp in foreground
Surveyor Mine showing Decline and Lens 2
MINING PRODUCTION GUIDANCE
- +340kt Polymet from Balcooma @7% Zn, 3%Pb, 1% Cu & 45g/t Ag
- +80kt Polymet from Mt Garnet @ 9.6% Zn, 0.3% Cu & 21g/t Ag (Crown Pillars)
- +25kt Cu from Balcooma @ +3% Cu & +30g/t Ag
MOUNT GARNET MINE
The Mount Garnet Mine produced more than 90,000 tonnes of primary zinc ore during a five-month underground mining program completed in December 2014.
The mine has reopened in late May 2015. (After the wet season shutdown)
The Mount Garnet Mine is located adjacent to the Mount Garnet processing plant:
- Produces 35,000 tonnes a month of polymetallic ore
- Has an estimated 2015/16 total mine production of 430,000 tonnes at 9% zinc, .1% lead and .3% copper with significant silver coproduct
- Is a 24/7 underground mine